Holiday Fare: Find it Downtown Oakville
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season always generates an appetite, from the anticipation and preparation right to sitting down with family and friends. Save time when you shop and dine by coming to Downtown Oakville.
MERRY MENUS FOR NIBBLING NEARBY
Whether you insist on international tastes or you’re fanatical about fusion food, it’s all here. From French, Italian and Portuguese to Asian, American, Mediterranean and Mexican, one of the downtown’s 31 restaurants will welcome you.
It’s easy to find a place to book a private party here with so many restaurants offering private dining rooms. For example:
Offers a private VIP space upstairs with a veiw of Towne Square and the tree.
For traditional Italian, Borgo Antico can host more intimate private parties.
Offers private & semi-private dining. On Tuesday nights a Ho Ho Ho-rrible #tackysweater will earn you an entrée and a chance for prizes. Diners between now and December 31 will also receive a $20 certificate to use in the New Year.
Promises to wow partygoers with its prestigious wine list and individual rooms equipped with bar and restroom facilities.
Has four dedicated rooms for private parties, including its wine cellar. Plus, they’ll be hosting their annual New Year’s Eve gourmet seven-course dinner.
Offers three fine dining private room options, including the unique wine cellar/dining room which was once the jail at the local police station.
Take advantage of Julia’s Ristorante’s Red Room for private dining and delicious Italian and Latino cuisine.
Special holiday gatherings at home call for specialty foods. Put together a downhome Christmas feast from your local downtown merchants.
- Select a holiday ham, turkey, or delicious seafood from Just an Olde Fashioned Butchery.
- Jubilee Market has the veggies you’ll need for those side dishes.
- Find fresh breakfast scones, buns and breads from Cobs Bread Bakery, and you can give those fresh hunks of bread something to dip in with boutique olive oils and balsamic vinegars from Olives en Folie.
- For the sweet tooth in the family, indulge in the chocolates from Schillings Paterisserie Chocolat and cakes and goodies from Sweetbites.
- Santa’s going to want his plate of cookies and if there’s no time for baking, Black Forest Pastry Shop has all of the shortbread, squares, cookies and gingerbread men you need.