Below is the latest weekly update from the Town of Oakville on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project.
What to expect this week:
- Crew to continue with the installation of the new water valve chamber on Lakeshore Road at Navy Street.
- Crew to begin the installation of the new water main and sanitary laterals on Lakeshore Road between Thomas and George Streets.
- Electrical crew to continue with the electrical wiring of temporary wooden poles between Navy and Dunn Streets on the north and south side of Lakeshore Road.
What you will see on site:
- Navy Street between Lakeshore Road and Church street will remain closed. The closure is expected to continue until July 19th. Vehicle traffic will continue to be maintained travelling eastbound on Lakeshore Road turning south on Navy Street; travelling northbound on Navy Street turning west on Lakeshore Road, and travelling southbound on Navy Street turning east on Church Street.
- Crew to continue saw-cutting and installing the water valve chamber on Lakeshore Road at Navy Street. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- Crew to continue saw-cutting, trench excavating and installing the new water main and laterals on Lakeshore between Thomas and George Streets. This operation will also involve an excavator and trucks.
- Electrical crew installing electrical wiring of temporary wooden poles between Navy and Dunn Streets will include a zoom boom truck and a crane.
- 2 ambassadors to work on Saturday (July 13) to further assist pedestrians in downtown.
- See below for pictures from last week.
Check out the virtual tour here.
Photo: Town of Oakville