Below is the latest weekly update from the Town of Oakville on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project.
What to expect this week:
- Crew to continue installing storm sewer main line between Navy and Thomas Streets.
- Crew to continue installing new water valve chamber on George Street, and north and south watermain connections between Navy and Thomas Streets.
- Electrical crew to continue installing wiring, brackets and light heads for temporary roadway lighting on Lakeshore Road between Navy and George Streets.
- Bell chamber to be completed on Navy Street including connections.
What you will see on site:
- Navy Street between Lakeshore Road and Church Street will remain closed. The closure has been extended to Friday, August 16.
- Silva cell membranes to be delivered on site for future Silva cell installation.
- Granite curbs and pavers to be delivered on site this week or the following week.
- Concrete barriers to be moved back to original locations to allow crew to connect watermain to the water.
- Crew to resume saw-cutting, trench excavating and installing the new storm sewer main line on Lakeshore Road between Navy and Thomas Streets. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- Crew to continue saw-cutting and installing the water valve chamber on George Street including the north and south watermain connections. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- Electrical work between Navy and George Street will include a zoom boom truck and a crane.
- Two ambassadors to work on Saturday, August 10 to further assist pedestrians in downtown.
- Crew expected to work on Saturday, August 10 (weather dependent) in order to maintain work schedule.
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at: https://www.oakville.ca/residents/lakeshore-reconstruction-streetscape-navy-allan.html
The project is scheduled to be completed by November 15. For full details, click here to download the Town of Oakville’s Information Guide.