As we enter another lock-down, you may be wondering how you can continue to support local businesses in the community? Restaurants are once again offering takeout, curbside pick up, and delivery, while retail stores and services continue to operate with restrictions.
While patronizing these businesses are the best way to support them, you may be surprised that you can help other smalls ways.
1. Share, share, share. If you have a favourite local business, don’t keep it a secret, share their content on your social channels, subscribe to their newsletters, and forward them out to your friends and family.
2. Leave a review. Visit google reviews or write an original recommendation and post to social. Any way you can help get the word out about why you love your favourite local shops and restaurants is a win all around.
3. Use hashtags. You may be surprised that something as simple as using a #supportlocal hashtag can help. Try #loveloca #local #localbusiness #support #foodie #supportlocal
4. Buy Gift Cards. While many of your favourite shops may be closed, purchasing gift cards at a shop you know you’ll visit later can give owners an infusion of cash at a time when they really need it. Don’t forget having gift cards on hand makes it easy when gifting, don’t forget those teachers at the end of this year.
5. Order out on a weeknight and order direct from your local restaurant. While delivery apps are convenient, many charge steep fees to local restauranteur. Keeping those funds in the pockets of the business owner can go a long way.