Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project Update July 15-July 20
Below is the latest weekly update from the Town of Oakville on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project.
What to expect this week:
- Crew to begin installing storm sewer mainline between Navy and Thomas Streets.
- Electrical crew to resume work on the Bell chamber at Navy Street.
- Crew to continue with the installation of a new water valve chamber between Thomas and George Streets.
- Electrical crew to begin installing wiring, brackets and light heads on Lakeshore Road between Thomas and Dunn Streets.
What you will see on site:
- Water main and storm sewer crews to work Saturday, July 20 in order to maintain a work schedule. Two ambassadors will be onsite to assist pedestrians.
- Navy Street between Lakeshore Road and Church street will remain closed. The closure is expected to continue until July 19th. Vehicle traffic will continue to be maintained travelling eastbound on Lakeshore Road turning south on Navy Street; travelling northbound on Navy Street turning west on Lakeshore Road, and travelling southbound on Navy Street turning east on Church Street.
- Crew to begin saw-cutting, trench excavating and installing the new storm sewer main line on Lakeshore Road between Navy and Thomas Streets. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- Crew to continue saw-cutting and installing the water valve chamber on Lakeshore Road between Thomas and George Streets. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- Electrical work at Navy Street and between Thomas and Dunn Streets will include a zoom boom truck and a crane.
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at https://www.oakville.ca/residents/lakeshore-reconstruction-streetscape-navy-allan.html