Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project Update: June 10-21
The Town of Oakville has provided an update for what you can expect to see from June 10-21 in downtown Oakville. See below for more information.
What to expect this week:
• First sanitary crew to continue with the installation of the new sanitary laterals (underground pipes that connect businesses to the main sewer line) on Lakeshore Road between Navy and Thomas Streets.
• Second sanitary crew to continue with the installation of the new sanitary laterals on Lakeshore Road between Thomas and George Streets.
• Electrical crew to continue with the installation of temporary wooden poles between Navy Street and Thomas Street on the north and south side of Lakeshore Road.
• Construction barriers located on the east side of Dunn Street have been moved further west towards the intersection to allow more space for parking until the water main crew resumes work in the area.
• As part of the town’s annual road resurfacing program, Rebecca Street between Dorval Drive and Forsythe Street is scheduled to be paved with top asphalt and line painted.
What you will see on site:
• Sanitary crew to continue saw-cutting, trench excavating and installing sanitary service laterals at Lakeshore Road between Navy Street and George Street. This operation will also involve an excavator and trucks.
• The installation of temporary wooden poles between Navy and Thomas will include a hydro-vac truck and pole clamping equipment. This operation will be noisy due to the hydro-vac.
• 2 ambassadors to work on Saturday (June 15 & 22) to further assist pedestrians in downtown.
For more information on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project, click here.