Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project Update: June 24-29
What to expect this week:
- First sanitary crew to continue with the installation of the new sanitary laterals (underground pipes that connect businesses to the main sewer line) on Lakeshore Road between Navy and Thomas Streets.
- Second sanitary crew to continue with the installation of the new sanitary laterals on Lakeshore Road between Thomas and George Streets.
- Watermain crew to resume water main work and install two concrete chambers, one at Navy Street and one at Thomas Street.
- Electrical crew to continue with the installation of temporary wooden poles between Thomas and George Streets on the north and south side of Lakeshore Road.
- Electric crew to resume wiring the temporary wooden poles between Navy and Thomas Streets on the north and south side of Lakeshore Road.
What you will see on site:
- Sanitary crew saw-cutting, trench excavating and installing sanitary service laterals at Lakeshore Road between Navy and George Streets. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- Watermain crew installing concrete chambers at Navy and Thomas intersection. This operation will also involve an excavator and trucks.
- Electrical crew installing temporary wooden poles between Thomas Street and George Street will include a hydro-vac truck and pole clamping equipment. This operation will be noisy due to the hydro-vac (a method of digging that uses pressurized water and a vacuum to quickly and safely expose underground infrastructure).
- Two ambassadors working on Saturday to further assist pedestrians in downtown.
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at https://www.oakville.ca/residents/lakeshore-reconstruction-streetscape-navy-allan.html
For information on the free parking, initiative click here.
Photo: Town of Oakville