Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project Update: Week of August 12
Below is the latest weekly update from the Town of Oakville on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project.
What to expect this week:
- Storm sewer crew to install catch basin and lateral connections, including removal of existing mainline between Navy Street and Thomas Street
- Existing pedestrian lighting to be removed between Navy Street and Thomas Street
- Excavation of silva cells for proposed trees to begin between Navy Street and Thomas Street
- Watermain crew to continue with water services installations on the north and south side of Lakeshore between Navy Street and Thomas Street
- Electrical crew to install conduits in proposed silva cell locations
- Electrical crew to install light heads and hydro connections on temporary roadway lighting on Lakeshore Road between Navy Street and Dunn Street
What you will see on site:
- Navy Street between Lakeshore Road and Church Street will remain closed.
- Crew to resume saw-cutting, trench excavating and installing the new storm sewer main line, catch basins and lateral connections on Lakeshore Road between Navy street and Thomas Street. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks
- Watermain crews saw-cutting and installing the water tie-ins on Lakeshore Road in order to complete the north and south watermain connections. This operation will involve an excavator and dump trucks
- Electrical crew to continue with the installations of light heads and hydro connections of temporary roadway lighting between Navy Street and Dunn Street and will include a zoom boom truck and a crane
- See below for pictures from last week. From top left to bottom right: excavation of existing bell chamber on Navy Street; excavation at Thomas and Lakeshore; delivery of silva cells at Navy Street; watermain work near Towne Square
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at https://www.oakville.ca/residents/lakeshore-reconstruction-streetscape-navy-allan.html
The project is scheduled to be completed by November 15. For full details, click here to download the Town of Oakville’s Information Guide.