Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project Update: Week of August 26
Below is the latest weekly update from the Town on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization project:
What to expect this week:
- Watermain crew to continue with water services installations on the north and south side of Lakeshore between Navy Street and Thomas Street.
- Excavation of Silva cells for trees to continue between Thomas and George Streets.
- Electric crew to continue installing conduits in proposed Silva cell locations between Navy Street, Thomas Street, and George Street.
- Existing pedestrian lighting to be removed between Thomas Street and Dunn Street.
What you will see on site:
- Navy Street between Lakeshore Road and Church Street will remain closed. The closure has been extended into September.
- Installation of Storm Lead Pipes between Navy and George Streets.
- Crews will continue to remove concrete road base from Thomas to Dunn.
- Temporary Pedestrian Bypass to accommodate water service connections on the north side of Lakeshore between Navy and Thomas.
- Electrical crew to continue with the removals of the existing pedestrian lighting between Thomas Street and Dunn Street. This will involve a zoom boom truck and a crane.
- Crew to work this Saturday (August 31st, weather dependent) in order to maintain work schedule.
- Two ambassadors to work on Saturday (August 31st) to assist pedestrians.
- Click here to see photos from last week
Downtown Oakville retailer Lemonwood was recently featured in an Inside Halton story about the Digital Main Street Program. Click here to read the full article. As a reminder, participation in Digital Main Street is open to all Downtown Oakville businesses. There are two programs you can sign up for:
- Apply for a $2,500 Digital Transformation Grant at: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/digital-transformation-grant
- Sign up for a free consultation with the Town of Oakville’s Digital Service Squad. This is a free program and doesn’t require any additional steps other than requesting a meeting to review your digital marketing. To set up a meeting, contact:
Nadia Smith – email@example.com
Michelle Bali – firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at: https://www.oakville.ca/