Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project: September 2
Below is the latest weekly update from the Town on the Lakeshore Road Revitalization project:
What to expect this week:
- Watermain crew to continue with water services installations on the north and south side of Lakeshore between Navy and Thomas Streets.
- Excavation, construction and backfilling of silva cells for trees to continue between Navy Street and George Street. This work will also include installation of electrical conduits in silva cells.
- Roadway subdrain installation to begin on the north and south side of Lakeshore Road between Navy Street and George Street.
- Granite curb installation to begin on Lakeshore Road between Navy Street and George Street.
- Electrical contractor to begin installation of permanent concrete light pole bases between Navy Street and George Street.
- Electrical contractor to begin removing existing concrete light pole bases on Lakeshore Road between Thomas Street and Dunn Street.
What you will see on site:
- Navy Street between Lakeshore Road and Church Street will remain closed. The deadline for the opening of that section of road has been extended to September 27th in order to increase time efficiency and minimize potential delays.
- Two ambassadors to work on Saturday, September 7 to assist pedestrians.
- Crew to work this Saturday (September 7th, weather dependent) in order to maintain work schedule.
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at https://www.oakville.ca/residents/lakeshore-reconstruction-streetscape-navy-allan.html
The project is scheduled to be completed by November 15. For full details, click here to download the Town of Oakville’s Information Guide.