Escape Room @ Oakville Public Library
- This event has passed.
On Friday, October 18, the Central Branch of Oakville Public Library will transform into a huge multi-level escape room for our signature fundraising event, Library After Dark: The Haunting of 120 Navy Street.
Once the clock starts, spell-casters will have 60 minutes to solve a series of puzzles hidden throughout the library in order to trap a spirit that’s haunting the stacks. Join us for this unique fundraising event!
- Sign up for a time slot between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- You will be redirected to Narrow Escape’s booking page. Ensure that you have selected “OPL – Library After Dark Fundraiser”.
- One person must register their entire team. We recommend registering as teams of four or six people, but individual players and smaller teams are welcome.
- For corporate groups or groups larger than six, please contact us.
- Tickets are $50 per person.
As a registered charity, the library relies on fundraising to help expand and enhance programs, services and collections.
This event is in held partnership with Narrow Escape.
The Haunting of 120 Navy Street
According to Oakville legend, Old City Hall was haunted by spirits. Officials destroyed the hall to purge the spirits from the building, but one escaped to nearby 120 Navy St. – the current site of OPL’s Central Branch.
The spirit lay dormant, until years later when librarians started sensing an eerie chill among the stacks and noticed books were going missing. They realized the Old City Hall spirit was loose in the library, and with the help of a psychic, they created a spell to trap it. The spell worked – but it’s only active for 364 days, which means the spirit is set to awaken once again on October 18.
On this day, spell-casters must re-trap the spirit and banish it for another year. If the group cannot re-create the spell in 60 minutes, they will be locked inside the library with the spirit roaming free.
October 18 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Oakville, ON L6J 2Z4 Canada
- Event Start Date: October 18 @ 6:00 pm
- Event End Date: October 18 @ 10:00 pm