The following is a shortlist of financial, marketing and informational resources to help business owners navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Financial Support for Businesses and Employees
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Relief Plan
Information about economic relief programs the government is implementing to support business owners and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak, including:
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) – provides rent relief for small businesses experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) – a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 24 weeks, retroactive from March 15, 2020, to August 29, 2020
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) – provides interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits
- Economic Action Plan for Oakville
Developed by the Economic Task Force, the Economic Action Plan for Oakville includes property tax assistance, free municipal parking in commercial districts, the Digital Main Street program and more.
- Digital Main Street
- ShopHERE – Digital Main Street is collaborating with Google, Shopify, Mastercard and Microsoft to build and optimize free online stores for small businesses
- $2,500 Grant – apply for a grant to adopt new digital technologies
- Future Proof Program – assists businesses with identifying new markets, pivoting their business model, and developing and implementing a deep digital transformation plan
- Digital Main Street Squad– offers free assistance to BIA-member businesses looking to enhance digital presence and sell products online. Click here to set up a virtual appointment
- Google Ads Credits
Google Ads is giving $340 million in ad credits to small and medium-sized businesses, which can be used at any point until the end of 2020 across Google Ads platforms.
Reopening Guidelines and Resources
BIA members only – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access
- Health and Safety Guidelines
A list of general and industry-specific health and safety recommendations for businesses.
- PPE Supplier Directory
A list of local suppliers of PPE, hand sanitizer and other supplies you might need to reopen.
- Stop the Spread Business Information Line
The latest information on which businesses are permitted to open. If you have questions about whether your business is permitted to open, call toll free at 1-888-444-3659.