Attached is the 2021 Waste Guide and Collection Schedule for businesses within the Halton Region. The Guide identifies acceptable waste material, tips and requirements for Tuesday and Friday scheduled collection of recyclable material and garbage.
- Bins should not be placed on the curb before 5 p.m. the evening before collection, and should be removed as soon as possible after collection.
- Please do not place garbage bags on the street, as this makes it easy for animals to get into, creating an unsightly mess (as pictured above). If you need new or replacement wheeled bins, you can order them from Halton Region by calling 905-825-6000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a landlord with residential tenants, please refer to this guide from Halton Region.
Know which items are acceptable as recyclable material and note the following:
1) Shredded Paper cannot be recycled through a curbside collection service. Shredded paper even when bagged will contaminate other material and cause operational issues at the processing facility. Please place shredded paper for collection as garbage, or contact a private company that can collect shredded paper separately and recycle.
2) Styrofoam and Styrofoam packaging are not acceptable recyclable material and must be disposed as garbage. There is currently no viable end market that can sufficiently purchase the amount of Styrofoam material being manufactured. Styrofoam also becomes easily contaminated by glass and plastic materials causing these materials to be disposed as garbage.
3) Flatten and secure cardboard boxes in the manner described in the 2021 Guide.
4) The Region does not collect bulk waste in the designated BIA’s. Do not place bulk waste (e.g. sofa’s, mattresses, office furniture) for curbside collection. Collection vehicles that service the BIA’s are not equipped to collect bulk waste and the placement of bulk waste attracts illegal dumping of material. If you notice items that have been illegally dumped, please report them to ServiceOakville.
Thank you for your cooperation. Let’s work together to keep Downtown Oakville beautiful!