As we work together to flatten the curve of COVID-19, the businesses of Downtown Oakville businesses have adjusted their operations to align with the Ontario government’s mandated that all non-essential businesses close for 14 days effective at midnight on March 24, 2020. The businesses that are still permitted to be open (grocery,pharmacy,etc.) continue to take appropriate steps to ensure your safety when visiting them. The Town of Oakville is no longer requiring payment for on-street parking or in municipal parking lots until further notice. For more information please visit oakville.ca.
9 Ways to Support Small Businesses:
- Order Takeout or Delivery. Many restaurants offer takeout, delivery (including Uber Eats ($0 delivery fee), Door Dash, and Skip the Dishes) and curb side pickup options, and several are even waiving their delivery fee or offering discounts on pickup orders – click here for more details. Parking is currently FREE in Downtown Oakville.
- Purchase Essentials from Small Businesses. For groceries, personal items and medical supplies, shop at local bakeries, grocers and pharmacies. Click here for a list of stores that are open*
- Shop Local Online. Their brick and mortar stores are temporarily closed, but many Downtown Oakville retailers are still available online and through social media! We’ve put together a list of local businesses you can shop online, check it out here.
- Reschedule Appointments. Many service providers have opted to temporarily close. Rather than cancelling your appointment, rebook for a future date, or book a virtual appointment where possible. Click here for more details.
- Purchase Gift Cards for Future Use. Even if you’re not looking to shop right now, you can help tide businesses over by purchasing gift cards from your favourite stores, restaurants and services to use later or to give as gifts. Click here for more details.
- Attend an Online Fitness Workout. Many local fitness and health studios are taking their workouts online! For a list of studios offering this service, click here.
- Connect with Local Businesses on Social Media. If you aren’t already, follow your favourite local businesses on social media to stay connected and up to date with what they are doing!
- Leave a Positive Google Review. A good review goes a long way. Let’s use this time to boost business ratings in our community!
- Share, Tweet or Post About Your Favourite Business. An easy and free way to support local businesses and spread some positivity is to post about them on social media.
Stay connected! Sign up for our e-newsletter here.
Follow us on social media:
In partnership with the Town of Oakville, Oakville Economic Development office, Oakville Chamber of Commerce and our neighbours at the Kerr Village and Bronte Village Business Improvement Associations (BIAs), we have formed an Economic Task Force in response to the COVID-19 emergency.
A list of current resources available can be found at Oakville.ca and will be updated as new programs are released.
For a list of resources specifically for business owners, please click here.
This page will be updated on an ongoing basis. Last updated on March 25, 2020.