The following is a shortlist of financial, marketing and informational resources to help business owners navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Financial Support for Businesses and Employees
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Relief Plan
Information about economic relief programs the government is implementing to support business owners and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Economic Action Plan for Oakville
Developed by the Economic Task Force, the Economic Action Plan for Oakville includes property tax assistance, free municipal parking in commercial districts, the Digital Main Street program and more.
- Business Development Bank of Canada: Support for Entrepreneurs Impacted by COVID-19
Learn more about the government’s Business Credit Availability Program
- Electricity Relief for Ontarians
The Ontario government is providing electricity relief to families, small businesses and farms during COVID-19
- Shopify COVID-19 Response
Shopify is offering free 90-day trials, local pickup and delivery options, the ability to sell gift cards, and $200M in small business financing during the COVID-19 outbreak
- How to Build a “Buy Online, Pickup Curbside” Store
This online tutorial provides a step-by-step guide to creating a simple Shopify store with curbside pickup.
- Google Ads Credits
Google Ads is giving $340 million in ad credits to small and medium-sized businesses, which can be used at any point until the end of 2020 across Google Ads platforms.
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Facebook is granting $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses
- Digital Main Street Squad
Offers free remote assistance to BIA-member businesses looking to enhance digital presence and sell products online. Click here to set up a virtual appointment.
- Digital Starter Kit for Small Businesses
Digital Main Street has put together a Digital Starter Kit with tips on e-mail marketing, e-commerce, SEO and more.
- COVID-19: Resources for Retailers
Resources for retailers from the Retail Council of Canada
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources for Foodservice Operators
Resources for foodservice operators from Restaurants Canada
- Free Skip the Dishes Sign Up for Downtown Oakville BIA Members
The sign up fee for this delivery service has been waived for Downtown Oakville restaurants as a construction mitigation measure. To sign up, contact email@example.com or 416-271-4616
- Export Development Canada
Free webinar to learn how the coronavirus is affecting global trade and how your company can be protected
Business Guides and Templates
- List of Essential Services
List of businesses that may remain open during the province-wide shutdown. If you have questions, call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line toll free at 1-888-444-3659.
- Small Business Help Centre
Resources, templates and answers to Frequently Asked Questions from the Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Crisis Communications Planning Guide
Crisis messaging guidelines from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Business Continuity Plan and Templates for Entrepreneurs
Templates from the Business Development Bank of Canada to plan your business continuity exercise and mitigate the potential effects of an emergency
- Webinar: How to Cope with the Impacts of COVID-19 on Your Business
Join experts from the Business Development Bank of Canada as they share short-term economic perspectives and advice on how to manage through the crisis.
- Webinar: Keeping Your Cool When Markets Go Crazy
Maintaining your investing discipline during times of extreme market turmoil is a challenge. ACE Coworking co-founder Mark Fornasiero shares his approach to navigating times like we are in now.